Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Starting (again) from scratch...

I find the concept of up-cycling to be most intriguing, and one I heartily support. I love to see an older piece of furniture, maybe one that is extremely ugly or just very plain, and re-imagine it as something beautiful. I am a bit of a novice, and so I am learning as I go.

Right now, I am working on a bedroom set that is quite nice, but had water damage to the surface stain, and to the wood of one drawer. The handles are real brass, and in need of a bit of polishing. The mirror was dropped, so the wood needs to be repaired and the glass part itself needs to be replaced. Here's the set.







My plan is to sand everything down, repair what needs to be repaired, shine up the handles, and stain the set dark - maybe mahogany. I will post pics as I go to keep you updated, but as I work a full-time job, the time I get to work on the pieces is relegated to the occasional evening and weekends.

No comments: