Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Boring side tables now made adorable!

I have these two little side tables we bought for super-cheap some years ago, and originally they sat in my office, holding up a lamp and some knick-knacks. They were brown, totally nondescript, and boring. I haven't actually used them in years - they have been sitting downstairs in our laundry/storage room collecting dust.


Here's what they looked like several years ago - even tarting one up using vibrant colors on it didn't help.

Well, I decided to make a project of them a few weeks ago, and I finally decided they needed to be painted. I lightly sanded the tables down, cleaned them up, primed, and then painted. The results are pretty awesome.


 

I am going to sell them so someone else can enjoy them, so I chose a vibrant turquoise blue color. It took no time at all to transform them, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to add the wax coating to protect the paint job.

Next in line - the twin headboards. Can't wait to see how they turn out!


No comments: